Friday, April 9, 2010

Vintage Everyday Fashion

Had the a lovely day today in Glasgow's West End. Wanted to have a look at vintage stuff for the home and found loads of vintage shops on the way.

I must admit I LOVE working with the vintage designs for the wedding scene and would love to be able to find the right occasions to wear one for my own headband creations. However the everyday vintage style I don't think is me - not just yet.

Today was reminiscent of my youth when the store Flip of Hollywood opened in Queen St. A store selling second hand American apparel. Boy how things have changed since then. Second hand clothes were only bought through Charity shops and places like the Barras and Paddy's Market. But now we have eBay and utterly stunning vintage shops springing up all over the place.

A few of the store visited today were
We Love to Boogie - fab layout and has a cafe inside too. Although I never sampled the cakes they looked good. www.welovetoboogiesvintage.com

Vintage Guru www.vintageguru.co.uk

The Made in the Shade Maisonette - lovely vintage inspired home luxuries. Loved the moose head plaque - stunning. www.wearemadeinshade.com @madeintheshade1

Rachel Albert - handmade ladies and kids clothing. Utterly scrumptious designs made to measure and vintage inspired. www.rachaelalbert.me.uk @RachaelAlbert

Just for you also in Decourcey's Arcade get a worthy mention. What a fab idea to sell your designer items through the store. Definitely worth a look.

Pink Poodle - Vintage inspired fashion - fell in love with a very plain dress but definitely lovely. By the time I had got home I had imagined what I would wear with it - must go back and actually try it on. www.lovelaboutique.com

So if you are going to a wedding this year are want to be a stylish guest check out these fab shops. Remeber to check our fascinators and vintage inspired headbands and jewellery to finish your outfit off. www.weddingandbaby.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment